***COOSA FD IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER***
Jackson Kayak has designed a patent-pending prop-driven pedal system which allows for hands-free forward and reverse propulsion for kayaks and will be introduced first in the Coosa FD. Named the Flex Drive, it consists of a daggerboard-protected tri-prop propeller which, combined with unique articulation of the prop system, gives the Flex Drive increased performance over other drives and helps keep the system clear of obstacles and easy to clean. Jackson Kayak’s Flex Drive System can quickly adapt from deep to shallow water navigation without having to move the main pedal drive unit.
The Flex Drive is easily deployed with the flip of a lever, has adjustable pitch prop blades and a 12:1 ratio.
Great drive design that answers some of the surf launching and shallow water issues:
- Retractable drive unit can deploy or retract the daggerboard stlye drive unit and tri-blade prop with a simple flip of a lever.
- When coming into shore it was a simple flip of the lever and the lower prop drive unit came right up into its recessed storage area for a simple beach landing.
- The drive unit will deflect off of underwater obstructions and lift up into the recess on it's own. Perfect for surf or river use.
- Removable Upper Drive housing will make transporting on car top much easier. In development for a later release is a Upper Motor Drive unit to snap into place on the lower housing.
- Prop cover for the Drive Recess area seals when drive unit is deployed and automatically raises when drive is retracted.
Very responsive steering:
- New rod steering rudder design will eliminate snapping rudder lines, linkage issues, and kinking. This new rod design is slick and simple.
- Steering controls will we able to be mounted on the Right and Left Side
- Rudder will be a larger, non-retactable design that provides good response.
All New Ergo Seat:
- The seat was specifically designed for this kayak with High and Low seating that will allow any user to find the sweet spot for any condition.
- Adjustable seating forward and aft along sliding tracks to accommodate pedalers of varying heights.
Additional new features:
- New Front and Rear Hinged Hatches
- Integrated Molded Rod Tubes
- 2 sets of YakAttack gear tracks on left and right side for countless accessory mounting options
- Platypus Hidration System
- SealLine Seat Pouch
- Standing Pad
- RAM accessories ready
- Raymarine and Power Pole ready
- Plano tackle box
- Fish Grips
- Line Cutterz
- Orion Tumbler and Cup Holder
- 2 Transducer Scuppers
- Safety flag for transport
- LENGTH: 12'7"
- WIDTH: 35"
- WEIGHT: 102lbs w/out drive
- CAPACITY: 450lbs
A NOTE ABOUT GETTING YOUR NEW KAYAK HOME TO YOU: There are three options:
1) You can pick it up at one of our locations in Southern California (Cost: Free!)
2) You can pick it up at a hub that is near and convenient for you (Cost: $99)
3) We can have it shipped to your front door (Cost: usually around $120, depends on where you live.)
All of these options will be discussed with you before we ship your kayak. By default, you will be charged the Hub Delivery fee of $99 when purchasing your kayak here and we will adjust the price accordingly, depending on the delivery method you choose. Click here to go to our kayak shipping information page.
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Jackson Kayak Color No Ship to Airport Hub Yes
Write Your Own Review