The Big Tuna is one of our largest capacity kayaks with the ability to paddle either as a tandem or a solo fishing kayak. It has many different seating positions allowing for traditional tandem positions, ‘facetime’ positions and a good variety of solo positions making it a great platform for fishing of all kinds. Its JK stability, logical accessory positioning, rudder option, and speed make it a serious predator in all water types. When it comes to fishing from a Tandem kayak look no further than the Big Tuna.
Tuna Tank: The Tuna Tank is a great multiple purpose accessory. It comes with no pre-drilled holes. If used this way, it is an easily accesible storage tub (not waterproof). If you decide to use it as a bait tank, simply drill a few small holes in the front and back of the tank (drill holes based on the size of the bait). Now water and oxygen will flow freely through it, keeping your bait happy and lively all day.
- Hull design: The Big Tuna is about as stable as standing on the ground. It has a wide base, which is great for tandem kayaking, or standing and fishing. Surprising to most people, the Big Tuna also has plenty of speed and is very maneuverable. It has just the right amount of rocker to turn easily, but not too much to where it is considered loose. It tracks very well, and is really just a blast to paddle.
- Rod Tip Protector: The Rod Tip Protector is a great way to store your rods when they are not in use or if you are paddling through tight areas like mangrove tunnels. By concealing the rod tips, they won't get snagged on brush or weeds, and helps prevent you from accidentally breaking your rod on the water. You're on your own with ceiling fans and car doors.
- 2 New ERGO Seat Frame and Cover, able to move for and aft, enabling you to adjust the trim of the kayak based on the weight in the kayak. Also has better ergonomics, comfortable!
- Drag Chain Chute: The drag chain is a great way to slow down and fish in moving water. Anyone who has fished a river knows the pain of blowing through a great fishing spot. The drag chain chute allows you to run a drag chain cleanly down your kayak. It keeps it tucked away and free from the rest of your gear.
- RAM Rod Holders: Each kayak includes (2) RAM ¼-20 X .5” Tough Ball (1.5”), RAM 2007 Rod Holder, and a RAM Tube Jr.
- Tackle Management and Plano Boxes: There are designated areas beside and under the seat that make reaching tackle boxes extremely easy and keeps your deck clutter free. This kayak includes (2) JK Plano 3640 Boxes.
- Nalgene Water Bottle: Each kayak includes a Nalgene 32 ounce wide mouth water bottle.Made in the USA, our custom Nalgene bottles are decked out with Jackson Kayak logos.
- RAM and GoPro Mounts: There are molded-in inserts located throughout our fishing boats for GoPro and Ram mounts.
- Rudder Ready
- 2 Flush Mount Rod Holders
- Removable Skid Plate: We protect the biggest wear area on the kayak with the skid plate.
- Adjustable Foot Pegs
- Carry Handles: NEW Ergonomic Handles with added grip textured inserts help you keep good contact when carrying your kayak, even when wet.
- 2 Mesh seat back pouches. Removable for versatility and comes with bungee for added storage to easily accessible items.
Check out what we did to the center insert of the Big Tuna - click here.
The Family Fishing Package Includes:
- Jackson Kayak Big Tuna
- Lowrance HOOK2 5 and RAM Lowrance HOOK2 fishfinder mount for a clean functional look
- Battery Box Complete (To run your fish finder, tank, and any electronics you want to add later)
- Two (2) Tsunami Paddles
- Four (4) Rod Leashes
- Heavy Duty Wheel Cart
- Two (2) Bungee Style Paddle Leash
- KFS Plumbed Bait Tank Hatch
If you would like to add any additional accessories to your package no problem, just purchase the items and we will intsall them for you free of charge. The items will come professionally installed by KayakFishingSupplies certified installers, ready for use. You can be out on the water the day of delivery. We will be in contact with you every step of the way! Any modifications or specific placement of items you would like done is no problem. Our professional installers take great pride in their work, as if it was their own kayak. The only thing you have to worry about is choosing your kayak color and leave the rest to us. Installation time will be about 3 to 4 days (Includes drying time for fish finder transducer)
Want to make a change to this package? No problem! Give us a call at (866) 587-2990.
NOTE: Custom colors are available and are subject to cosmetic blemish and require a 4-6 week lead time.
A NOTE ABOUT GETTING YOUR NEW KAYAK HOME TO YOU: There are three options:
1) You can pick it up at one of our locations in Southern California (Cost: Free!)
2) You can pick it up at a hub that is near and convenient for you (Cost: $99)
3) We can have it shipped to your front door (Cost: usually around $120, depends on where you live.)
All of these options will be discussed with you before we ship your kayak. By default, you will be charged the Hub Delivery fee of $99 when purchasing your kayak here and we will adjust the price accordingly, depending on the delivery method you choose. Click here to go to our kayak shipping information page.
- Additional Information
Color No UPC No MPN No EAN No Manufacturer Jackson Kayak Ship to HUB Yes
Write Your Own Review