An absolute joy on the water, the Hobie Mirage Adventure Island is impressively approachable.
- Hobie Mirage 180 w/ST Turbo Kick Up Fins
- Paddle, seat, and large rudder blade
- Two color coordinated Amas
- Deck mounted cross-bars
- Removable ama arms w/ carrying bag
- Smoke daggerboard
- Roller-furling sail w/ battens
- Two-piece Carbon Composite Mast w/ full length storage bag
- Harken blocks
- All lines and hardware.
- A boomless, roller-furling sail rig similar to the rig on the Hobie Bravo with plenty of sail area for excellent performance, completely manageable from the cockpit with the pull of a line.
- Two retractable amas that fold up against the side of the boat, again with the simple pull of a line, for easy docking, maneuverability, and transport.
- The cockpit is the stable platform of the Hobie Mirage Adventure Kayak, offering full versatility as a pedaling kayak when conditions are not convenient for sailing. All Adventure Kayaks will have inserts molded into the hulls so that they may be upgraded to an Adventure Island with a kit available through the Parts Department. The ama colors will be limited, and the Adventure Island will cost more when purchased via an upgrade kit rather than purchased initially as a complete boat package.
- The Hobie Mirage Drive allows the boat to be pedaled while under sail, or simply pedaled with the sail furled for versatility not found in any other sailboat.
- The Adventure Island is loaded with additional standard features such as a daggerboard; oversized "Twist and Stow" rudder; Mast and Sail Cover; and an Ama/Daggerboard Bag.
- The Adventure Island will be offered in two color packages: Ivory Dune and Red Hibiscus. Both options include beautifully color-coordinated sails.
- Crew: 1
- Length: 16' 7" / 5.05 m
- Beam w/ Amas Out: 9' 6" / 2.90 m
- Beam w/ Amas Folded In: 44" / 1.12 m
- Capacity: 400 lbs / 181.44 kg
- Fitted Hull Weight: 102 lbs / 46 kg *
- Fully Rigged Weight: 185 lbs / 84 kg *
- Mast Length: 16' 6" / 5.03 m
- Sail Area: 65 sq ft / 6.04 m2
- Hull Construction: Rotomolded Polyethylene
A NOTE ABOUT GETTING YOUR NEW KAYAK HOME TO YOU: There are three options:
1) You can pick it up at one of our locations in Southern California (Cost: Free!) Important note: Hobie Kayaks can be picked up only at our Hobie Authorized store in Sunset Beach.
2) You can pick it up at a hub that is near and convenient for you (Cost for this Hobie Kayak: $311).
3) We can have it shipped to your front door. Additional charges may apply.
All of these options will be discussed with you before we ship your kayak. By default, you will be charged the Hub Delivery fee of $311 when purchasing this Hobie kayak, and we will adjust the price accordingly, depending on the delivery method you choose. Click here to go to our kayak shipping information page.
- Additional Information
Color No UPC 792176906605 MPN No EAN No Manufacturer Hobie Ship to HUB Yes
Write Your Own Review