The power of Wilderness Systems is on full display with the introduction of the new Helix MD Motor Drive. Partnering with the proven technology of Torqeedo, the new Helix MD Motor Drive is a step ahead in the world of kayak propulsion technology. With top speeds reaching up to 6 mph at a range of around 20 miles1 , and featuring a solar-rechargeable2 lithium battery that lasts up to 8 hours1 and can charge while underway, the Helix MD Motor Drive simplifies the experience of kayaking by taking you farther, faster. The unit is lightweight at only 15 lbs. including battery3 , and comes equipped with an intelligent remote throttle that displays your GPS-calculated speed, remaining range and battery runtime. With fully variable forward/reverse functionality, set the throttle to the speed you want and you’re free to fish with two hands. Quiet, low-maintenance, and easy to integrate and use in compatible Wilderness Systems kayak models4 , the Helix MD Motor Drive is an all-access pass for all kayakers of all ages.
- Efficient Torqeedo electric motor with optimized propeller design
- High performance lithium battery that is waterproof and floats
- Interlocking feature on housing and deck will securely hold the motor pod in low draft retracted position
- Durable and lightweight roto-molded housing
- Self-contained removable unit for plug and play versatility
- Throttle with Display: Integrated On-Board GPS, Battery Charge Status, Remaining Range, Speed Over Ground, Input Power, Magnetic Key / Safety Kill Switch, Forward & Reverse Operation
- LENGTH: 11.5"
- WIDTH: 11.3"
- HEIGHT: 28"
- WEIGHT: 15LBS
- Top speed, maximum range, and maximum runtime may vary by boat model, paddler weight, throttle speeds, etc.
- Solar charger will be sold as an aftermarket accessory to the Motor Drive
- Weight is preliminary and is subject to change
- Currently compatible with the A.T.A.K., Thresher and Tarpon 130X 2016 and Newer models
- Additional Information
Manufacturer Wilderness Systems Color No Ship to HUB No
Write Your Own Review